West Cape SG took part in the 2016 AfriLabs Annual Gathering
The West Cape Strategy Group (West Cape SG) took part in the 2016 AfriLabs Annual Gathering held at the Alliance Française, Accra, Ghana from 25 to 27 October 2016. Themed “Making Tech Ecosystem count”, the 2016 Annual Gathering brought together members of AfriLabs and other stakeholders in the tech ecosystem in Africa to learn the latest tech insights, discuss policy actions and build partnerships.
AfriLabs is a pan-African network of 40 technology innovation hubs in 20 African countries. It was founded in 2011 to build a community around the rapidly emerging tech hubs in Africa.
West Cape SG’s CEO, Isidore Kpotufe and Project Director, Alan Akakpo represented the company. Isidore Kpotufe moderated a session on the role of governments in building efficient technology infrastructures in Africa. Members of the Panel were drawn from AfriLabs, Civil Society and Private Sector. Some questions that featured in the panel discussion included:
- What’s the role of Technology and Innovations in economic growth?
- How can Tech Hubs drive the innovations that can lead to economic growth in Africa?
- Should we continue to focus on Agric as the “backbone” of our economies?
- What is the biggest role governments can play in building or supporting existing innovation hubs as a support to start-ups and entrepreneurs?
- What approach would you recommend in getting African governments to buy from tech start-ups?
Isidore mentioned that his outfit was committed to ensuring the development of technology infrastructure in Africa through the Africa Tech Policy project (Learn more about the Project here). He mentioned that West Cape SG is working towards an improved and favorable Policy environment where African tech entrepreneurs easily thrive to meet local demand for ICT products and compete globally.
Entities in this Press
West Cape Strategy Group
The West Cape Strategy Group is a leading integrated service provider based in Ghana that specializes in Internet Technology, Technology Research, Business Strategy, Corporate Training and Brand Identity Management and Development. Learn more here
AfriLabs is a pan-African network of 40 technology innovation hubs in 20 African countries. Learn more here